|A gerund (verb + ing) acts like a noun in a sentence.
Often, a possessive noun or pronoun comes before a gerund.
- Seeing is believing.
- Playing footboal is not an easy thing to do.
- Watching TV is sometimes harmful.
- Driving is always fun.
- My hobby is cooking.
- She loves babysitting her brother.
- I always like listening to music.
- I wasted all my afternoon by taking a nap.
- I am afraid of dancing on a stage.
- I hope that you don’t mind my using your car.
- Don’t be mad about my leaving early.
- I don’t want you misunderstanding.
- You will be amazed by my writing.